WRESTLING STREAMS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWE, UFC AND IMPACT WRESTLING STREAMS THAT ARE BETTER THEN EVERYONE ELSE CAUSE WERE THE BEST IN THE WORLD

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Poll
Latest topics
» VIDEO: Dolph Ziggler's WWE Return Promo
 Georges St. Pierre off UFC 137, Diaz-Penn to lead card  EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 1:35 am by Restufeu_34

» Kurt Angle says WWE Needs to give him props
 Georges St. Pierre off UFC 137, Diaz-Penn to lead card  EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 1:24 am by Restufeu_34

» WWE looking for performance General Manager
 Georges St. Pierre off UFC 137, Diaz-Penn to lead card  EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 1:04 am by Restufeu_34

» VIDEO: "Rampage" Jackson debuts on TNA
 Georges St. Pierre off UFC 137, Diaz-Penn to lead card  EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 11:12 pm by Restufeu_34

» How does Vince plan to ruin NBA's ratings?
 Georges St. Pierre off UFC 137, Diaz-Penn to lead card  EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 11:04 pm by Restufeu_34

» EXCLUSIVE: Daniel Bryan to receive huge push this summer!
 Georges St. Pierre off UFC 137, Diaz-Penn to lead card  EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 7:49 pm by Restufeu_34

» TNA Ratings in for 6/6/13
 Georges St. Pierre off UFC 137, Diaz-Penn to lead card  EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 7:44 pm by Restufeu_34

» Rock's "The Hero" draws more than 1.5 million views
 Georges St. Pierre off UFC 137, Diaz-Penn to lead card  EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 7:36 pm by Restufeu_34

» WWE Payback: Does the Latest PPV Name Change Mean Anything?
 Georges St. Pierre off UFC 137, Diaz-Penn to lead card  EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 6:13 pm by CMPUNKFAN1345

Top posters
Restufeu_34
 Georges St. Pierre off UFC 137, Diaz-Penn to lead card  I_vote_lcap Georges St. Pierre off UFC 137, Diaz-Penn to lead card  I_voting_bar Georges St. Pierre off UFC 137, Diaz-Penn to lead card  I_vote_rcap 
CMPUNKFAN1345
 Georges St. Pierre off UFC 137, Diaz-Penn to lead card  I_vote_lcap Georges St. Pierre off UFC 137, Diaz-Penn to lead card  I_voting_bar Georges St. Pierre off UFC 137, Diaz-Penn to lead card  I_vote_rcap 
WWEFan1993
LegoWaffels
BigShowfan342
Smoke14
vx314
tristanharrell777
SEScoops
WWE
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Keywords
Affiliates
free forum

Georges St. Pierre off UFC 137, Diaz-Penn to lead card

Go down 
AuthorMessage
CMPUNKFAN1345
SUPER Admin
CMPUNKFAN1345

Georges St. Pierre off UFC 137, Diaz-Penn to lead card  Empty
PostSubject: Georges St. Pierre off UFC 137, Diaz-Penn to lead card     Georges St. Pierre off UFC 137, Diaz-Penn to lead card  EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 9:50 pm

Welcome back to the Ultimate Fighting Championship's main event, Nick Diaz.

A knee injury to welterweight champion Georges St. Pierre has forced him out of UFC 137 on Oct. 29 in Las Vegas, UFC President Dana White announced Tuesday. The co-main event of Nick Diaz vs. BJ Penn will move to the top of the card, White said.

St. Pierre was supposed to fight Carlos Condit for the 170-pound title. Now the switch means Diaz returns to the headline slot that was originally his before UFC pulled him from atop the card after he missed press conferences to promote the event.

The champion suffered a "bad sprain" during a sparring session on Tuesday, trainer Firas Zahabi told Sherdog.com.

Of 16 shows for UFC since mid-March, this marks the seventh instance of a change in the main event because of injury or illness.

Despite the loss of St. Pierre, UFC 137 will still have its share of star power. Penn's titles in multiple weight classes and complex skill-set have established him as one of the sport's all-time greats in the cage. Diaz has been arguably MMA's most volatile personality at the elite level, a man whose aggression in the cage is matched by his outbursts of anger outside it.

Diaz and Penn are Nos. 4 and 7 in the USA TODAY/MMA Nation consensus rankings for welterweights.

The duration of St. Pierre's layoff remains unknown, White said, adding that the champion might be ready to return within two months. Rather than pursue another fight for Condit, UFC will keep him on the sidelines until he can face St. Pierre, White said.

"I am greatly disappointed, for both myself and UFC fans," Condit said in a statement. "But I also understand that injuries are a part of this business."

Back to top Go down
https://wwestreams.forumotion.com

Georges St. Pierre off UFC 137, Diaz-Penn to lead card
Page 1 of 1